2022 Print Marketing Statistics
Do Print Ads Still Work?Print advertising is a tried-and-true method of marketing. It bypasses oversaturated digital channels and reaches customers with something tangible. Where print truly shines is with increasing reach and brand recall. It touches people at home, on their commute and during errand runs. Let the numbers speak for themselves:
Newspaper/Magazine advertising statsGet in front of high net-worth readers while they're unwinding. Print media works exceptionally well with older adults, but truly spans generations of local readers. It gives advertisers a trusted and local platform to push advertisements.
- The magazine publishing industry grew by 9.5% in 2022. Publishing growth took off in 2020 and it isn’t slowing down [IBISworld]
- 25% of adults over the age of 60 get their news exclusively from newspapers. And 79% of those subscribers won’t switch newspapers [letter.ly]
- National newspapers are primarily consumed by affluent individuals. 44% of readers report an annual household income of over $100,000 [Statista]
- Newspaper ads have 1.7x higher ad recall than digital news brands [Newsworks]
- Magazines effectively target multiple generations, from Gen Z to Gen X [Relevance]
Direct Mail Marketing statsLove it or hate it, you can’t argue with the facts—direct mail drives results. This channel is near-and-dear to us; we find it an extremely effective way to reach highly targeted customers with personalized messaging. And because of direct mail’s tangible nature, it’s trusted and achieves high conversion rates.
Posters, billboards and brochures statsMove readers with a creative and memorable experience. Posters and billboards are incredibly effective at reaching large audiences. Since they’re located in busy streets, escalators, and storefronts, it’s a reliable way of increasing marketing reach. It’s the kind of advertising that people talk about, point out and comment on with friends, or stare at while waiting for a bus.
Insert marketing—statsCheck out what makes insert marketing effective in our last blog. It’s one of those no-brainers. If you’re selling a product, take advantage of the unused space. Create an experience that they’ll remember with box inserts. Include promotional inserts to drive traffic to your website and social or offer deals to upsell or cross sell.
Learn what it takes to increase sales in the modern B2B spaceEvery week we break down the hybrid marketing trends that shake industries.
We provide our own take on how each channel can be leveraged to grow your brand.
Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss another update