WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Information You Provide. We collect information when you provide it to us. For example, when you register as a Member, we will collect and store personal information, including your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and other information from which your identity is or may be discernible. We will also collect and store payment information, which may include credit card number and billing address. We also collect information when you call one of our call centers. We will collect similar information from you as a business contact when you interact with Sempris, such as by purchasing our services for your company.
For Members, we may also collect and store statistical and demographic information that does not directly identify you such as ZIP code, age, gender, and interests.
Information Collected Automatically. We also automatically gather or may gather certain information about your use of our Sites, such as what areas you visit and what services you use. Moreover, we may obtain information about your computer hardware and software that can include, without limitation, IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, and referring website addresses.
Information From Third Parties. We obtain certain information from third parties, including third parties that provide services to us. For example, when you call one of our call centers, we will obtain information from that call center. We also obtain information from resellers of commercial transaction data, from direct mail service bureaus, and from government entities such as the United States Postal Service.
We may combine the information from any and all of the above sources and use it as described below.
USE OF INFORMATION
Sempris collects and processes the information described above for any lawful purpose, including the following:
- To communicate with and manage our relationship with Members, business partners, and others who correspond with us
- To administer membership programs and benefits
- To provide, maintain, and improve our products and services
- To detect and take steps to protect against fraud, security incidents, and illegal activity
- To perform analysis for improving the Sites and to maintain the security of the Sites
- To conduct activities around customer satisfaction
- To receive feedback and handle requests or complaints
- To market our products and services and those of our business partners
- To send updates, promotions, and marketing materials that may be of interest to you
- To operate, personalize, and improve content on the Sites and how the Sites function
- To comply with law and
- With your consent, or as otherwise disclosed at the time data is collected
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
Sempris may share your information with the following types of entities:
- Third parties for marketing purposes, including advertising companies and ad networks as well as third parties in a range of industries that provide products and services that may be of interest to you
- Service providers who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer membership programs, products, or services
- Other related and/or affiliated companies within the Sempris network
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights or those of our business partners; to bring or defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Sempris, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements
- In connection with an actual or potential corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy
- With a partner that sponsors a promotion, sweepstakes or contest on one or more of the Sites
- With your consent or at your direction
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors a particular Site receives or what the most popular discount offers are. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
Sempris uses “cookies” to help create a better and, for our Members, a more personalized experience and to improve your experience, such as by helping our Sites “remember” you for an easier log-in experience. A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer. Your browser and other security applications can be set to prompt you when a website is setting a cookie or to reject all cookies. If you delete or reject all cookies, some Site sections and applications may not function properly or at all.
DIGITAL ANALYTICS AND INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
We use Google Analytics to improve the performance of the Sites and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use the Sites, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Rakuten Marketing may also collect personal information when you interact with our Sites, including IP addresses, digital identifiers, information about your web browsing and app usage and how you interact with our properties and ads for a variety of purpose, such as personalization of offers or advertisements, analytics about how you engage with websites or ads, and other commercial purposes. For more information about the collection, use and sale of your personal data and your rights, please use the below links.
- Company: Rakuten Marketing
- Your Rights: https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/subject-requests
We may partner with Rakuten Marketing and other third-party ad networks and other ad service providers (collectively “Advertising Providers”) to serve ads on our behalf on non-affiliated third party sites. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information we or the Advertising Providers collect about your online activities here and elsewhere over time, including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. For example, information collected across multiple sites that you visit over time may enable the Advertising Provider to infer your preferences and show you ads that are more likely to be of interest to you. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising.
Sempris adheres to the Digital Advertising Alliance Self-Regulatory Principles in connection with this interest-based advertising activity. You may visit the DAA Webchoices tool at www.aboutads.info to learn more about this type of interest-based advertising and how to opt out of this advertising on websites by companies participating in the DAA self-regulatory program. If you delete your cookies or use a different browser or mobile device, you may need to renew your opt-out choices exercised through the DAA Webchoices tool. Note that electing to opt out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests.
In addition, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) for information about how to opt-out of interest-based advertising by NAI members. See http://www.networkadvertising.org for general information about the NAI and http://optout.networkadvertising.org for the opt-out page.
We use appropriate security measures designed to protect the information that we collect and process about you. Please note, however, that we cannot guarantee the security of information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
CONTROL OF YOUR PASSWORD
YOUR EMAIL CHOICES
You may unsubscribe from Sempris marketing email messages by following the instructions for unsubscribing in any such messages we send you, or you may unsubscribe from e-mail or other mail from us, by contacting us at: email@example.com. Please note that, if you unsubscribe from marketing emails, we may continue to send you other types of messages related to your transactions or relationship with Sempris.
THIRD PARTY TOOLS AND LINKS
The Sites may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share data or you otherwise interact with these features on the Sites, those companies may collect data about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such data with the general public.
Your interactions with third-party companies and your use of their linked websites or integrated tools are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of any accounts you create and use.
STATE PRIVACY RIGHTS
California, Virginia, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, and Utah Members and other consumers have certain rights under state privacy laws with respect to personal data subject to those laws. For our business contacts, only California residents have these rights for personal data that we have collected. This section contains disclosures required by state privacy laws and applies only to “personal information” or “personal data” that is subject to such laws. Consumers with disabilities may access this notice by calling 800.475.1942 and one of our privacy experts will assist you with your request.
Personal Information We Collect, Disclose for a Business Purpose, and Sell. We collected, disclosed for business purposes, and sold categories of personal information in the past 12 months as described in the chart available here, which contains certain information required under California law. Our purposes for collecting, using, and sharing personal information are also described in the chart.
Your Rights Regarding Personal Information. You may have certain rights with respect to the personal information collected by Sempris. You may be able to exercise the following rights regarding personal information, subject to certain exceptions and limitations and depending on your state:
- The right to confirm whether we are processing personal data about you
- The right to correct inaccuracies in the personal data we have collected about you
- The right to know the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you, the categories of sources from which we collected your personal information, our purposes for collecting or selling your personal information, the categories of your personal information that we have either sold or disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties with which we have shared personal information
- The right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you or maintain about you
- The right to opt out of (i) the sharing of personal data for targeted advertising and (ii) the sale of personal data. Please note that if you opt out of certain practices, we may be unable to provide you with some services
- Depending on your state, the right to limit our processing of certain “sensitive” personal data (or to withdraw consent for such processing if you previously gave it)
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by state law
The exercise of the above rights are subject to certain exceptions and limitations as permitted by law. For example, we may not delete certain personal information we collected from you if retaining the information is necessary for us to provide you with services or products that you have already purchased, to use the information in ways that are reasonably anticipated in the context of those transactions (e.g., to be able to answer questions about those transactions if you call our customer service line), or to comply with any applicable legal obligations.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the following information and submit the required verifying information, as further described below:
- By phone at: 800.475.1942
- By email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online at our individual rights request page
- You may also visit your membership website and click on the link “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” to access the rights described above
For Virginia or Colorado residents, if you have submitted a request that you believe we have not fulfilled, you may contact us to appeal our decision by sending an email with the subject line “Appeal” to email@example.com.
Verification Process and Required Information. For your protection, we may need to request additional information from you to verify your identity or understand the scope of your request, although you will not be required to create an account with us to submit a request or have it fulfilled. We may, depending on your specific request, require you to provide, at a minimum, two data elements which we will use to verify your identity.
Authorized Agent. You may be able to designate an authorized agent to make a rights request on your behalf. In order to make the request, your authorized agent must visit the individual rights request page and follow the instructions as outlined on that webform.
Minors’ Right to Opt In. We do not knowingly sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
Notice of Financial Incentive. In exchange for becoming a Member of one or more of the Sites, we provide you with opportunities to receive benefits that may include, by way of example and depending on the Site, discounts on products and services, rewards, and rebates in exchange for purchasing a membership and providing your contact information; providing information about your purchases; participating in promotions, contests or sweepstakes; and/or responding to surveys. Under certain state laws, because we offer you price or service differences related to the collection and sharing of personal information, membership in a Sempris program is considered a “financial incentive.”
The amount of benefit you receive for becoming a Member, providing information about your purchases, participating in contests or sweepstakes, and/or completing a survey is based on the reasonable determination of the value that we and our business partners receive from processing personal information. This estimated value takes into account a variety of factors as permitted by law, including (but not limited to) the expenses incurred in collecting and retaining the information, the expenses in administering the financial incentive programs, the expenses incurred in providing benefits to you, and the estimated marginal revenue derived from the information we and our partners obtain and use.
You can withdraw from these financial incentives at any time by visiting www.programstop.com or calling 800.475.1942.
Alternatively, you may also contact us using the information below.
P.O. Box 5265
Hopkins, MN 55343-1034