Manager of Payment Operations
At Sempris, we’re experts in results-driven solutions in the membership space through the creation of value-based, targeted lifestyle programs, as well as SaaS-based products within the payments industry.
With more than 25 years in this space, we value and recognize the importance of our people to help us continually innovate as well as confidently lead us into the future.
The Manager of Payment Operations will lead and support the membership business while assisting with the development and management of a new SaaS-based payment product.
We are seeking a powerful and driven leader that can drive superior business results in a complex, fast paced card-not-present payment environment and believes in developing exceptional people. The ideal candidate will have a significant payments background, a strategic payment vision and possess superior consensus building skills.
- Assist with the hiring, developing, leading, managing and mentoring of a team of high performing payment professionals
- Manage and support the day-to-day operations of the payment functions
- Develop proposals to initiate new payment strategies
- Identify, develop, integrate, and manage strong payment vendor relationships
- Implement payment process improvements which includes lowering processing expenses
- Oversee fraud and dispute management operations and ensure card association best practices are being followed
- Create data rich reporting to monitor daily, weekly, and quarterly KPIs and investigate any discrepancies
- Communicate and provide weekly updates to the executive management team of all related payment processing concerns, issues, or card scheme changes that may impact the business
- Work cross-functionally throughout all the organization to build a best-in class payments program and data rich reporting
- Develop, maintain, and improve analytical tools, reporting and forecasting models that simplify complex payment operational data
- Evaluate, develop, and present information in a manner that will facilitate management’s understanding of the results and impact
- Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business is required
- A minimum of 5-8 years of professional payments experience is required for this role
- A minimum of 4 years of experience managing a professional team is required
- Technical knowledge of card-not-present payments, Visa/Mastercard/AMEX/Discover rules and regulations, and chargeback and fraud procedures are required
- Proven track record of analyzing data to improve approval/decline rates, reduce chargebacks and fraud, and improve the overall customer payments experience
- Strong strategic and analytical skills, adept at problem solving and troubleshooting with the ability to utilize multiple data sources to compile relevant information and extract key insights to support business strategies and policies
- Experience managing multiple external payment vendors and contracts
- Intellectual curiosity and willingness to investigate and improve the operating functions of the payment processes
- Experience with chargeback and fraud management and 3rd party mitigation tools
- Strong cross-functional communication and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Microsoft Access, preferred
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Power Bi (or other data visualization tools) a plus
- Strong analytical, written, and oral communication skills
This is an on-site position.
Sempris offers a great work environment and generous benefits, including:
- Medical and dental insurance
- FSA and employer contribution to HSA Account
- Life Insurance, AD&D, LTD, & Short-Term Disability
- 401k match
- Annual bonus plan
- Employee Assistance Program