Senior Software Development Engineer
At Big Bridge, we’re experts in results-driven solutions in the membership space through the creation of value-based, targeted lifestyle programs (Sempris) as well as SaaS-based products within the payments industry (Slyce360).
With more than 25 years in this space, we value and recognize the importance of our people to help us continually innovate as well as confidently lead us into the future. With a new HQ and a new SaaS product, 2022 is going to be our year! So come join a dynamic team within a company poised for growth.
As a Sr. SDE, you will lead and contribute to successful design and development of green-field SaaS products as well as re-imagining and modernization of our core business platform. As a passionate and versatile senior developer interested in building innovative and evolving products, you will work with the business and technology stakeholders and cross-functional project teams in a collaborative and open environment driving towards making measurable positive impact for our customers.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles that may interest you.
- Design and develop cutting-edge high-performance web apps and back-end services across all tiers using modern software development platforms, tools, and best practices
- Lead and contribute to planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement activities, guiding and working closely with other team members
- Collaborate across departments to develop effective solutions that meet end user and client business requirements
- Own and operate the systems that you build based on real-time customer data and demanding service-level agreements
- Debug, diagnose, refactor, enhance, and resolve functional and non-functional issues across front-end, server-side, and databases using profilers and logs
- Establish and maintain technology standards and evaluate new tools and techniques
- Effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical sides of the business, articulating issues or needs in a clear and concise manner
- Show willingness and ability to serve as a resource across teams
- 5+ years of professional experience developing high performance RESTful services and server-side processes using NodeJS, Java Spring, PHP, or related enterprise platform
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional initiatives for successful implementation of complex programs meeting timeline and quality requirements
- 5+ years of experience with SQL/NoSQL database design and development
- 3+ years of successful product delivery experience in a dev lead role with onshore or offshore team members
- Experience with full product lifecycle, agile practices, CI/CD pipelines, software design and development best practices, and website performance tuning
- Excellent attention to details, drive for results, and motivation to get quality work done on-time
- Passion for software engineering practices and an insatiable thirst to learn and grow
- Computer Science/IS/IT/Engineering degree or comparable experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination and on-site presence
Sempris offers a great work environment and generous benefits, including:
- Medical and dental insurance
- FSA and employer contribution to HSA Account
- Life Insurance, AD&D, LTD, & Short-Term Disability
- 401k match
- Annual bonus plan
- Employee Assistance Program