Quality Assurance Analyst
At Sempris, we’re experts in results-driven solutions in the membership space through the creation of value- based, targeted lifestyle programs, as well as SaaS-based products within the payments industry.
With more than 25 years in this space, we value and recognize the importance of our people to help us continually innovate as well as confidently lead us into the future. With a new HQ and a new SaaS product, 2023 is our year! So come join a dynamic team within a company poised for growth.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst will conduct testing on software and internal applications to identify and resolve bugs, defects, and other potential issues prior to the production release of updates to current processing and/or new processing functionality to confirm it is accurate and stable.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst will assist with monitoring day-to-day business processing to identify, research, and resolve errors/failures.
- Reviews project specifications with project team to understand the scope, requirements, and function of the processes or applications being changed or newly developed
- Identifies appropriate parameters, functionality, and data to test and validate compliance to meeting defined project and business requirements
- Conducts detailed testing, including test plan development, test data creation, and test plan execution, to ensure outlined parameters and functionality perform according to project and business user requirements and within established guidelines
- Identifies, logs, and recreates error conditions, bugs, and defects
- When a defined process or application does not perform within specifications, reports defects in detail to development team and project manager
- Assists with monitoring, researching, and resolving day-to-day business processing issues
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Extensive knowledge of
- Strong skills in SQL script construction in a relational database structure.
- Experienced in working in multiple database environments, such as Oracle and MySql
- Experience with and a good understanding of Unix environment and visual editor
- Strong understanding of the steps involved in functionality testing, including
- Clear and detailed test plan development based on input from business users, project manager, and processing changes or new development outlined by developers
- Construction of test data to meet test plan requirements
- Documenting and validating test results against expectations outlined in test plan
- Error condition replication as needed
- Excellent organizational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for serving as a liaison with developers, project manager, and business users/owners of the process/application being reviewed/tested
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred; or 2-3 years of related experience
Sempris offers a great work environment and generous benefits, including:
- Medical and dental insurance
- FSA and employer contribution to HSA Account
- Life Insurance, AD&D, LTD, & Short-Term Disability
- 401k match
- Annual bonus plan
- Employee Assistance Program