Junior System Administrator
At Sempris, we’re experts in results-driven solutions in the membership space through the creation of value- based, targeted lifestyle programs, as well as SaaS-based products within the payments industry.
With more than 25 years in this space, we value and recognize the importance of our people to help us continually innovate as well as confidently lead us into the future. With a new HQ and a new SaaS product, 2022 is going to be our year! So come join a dynamic team within a company poised for growth.
The Junior System Administrator will support in-house and cloud-based computer software systems and network connections to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. You will also participate in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance, consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate with network engineering, business application, and database administration business units to implement desktop and server systems that utilize industry best practices to meet corporate objectives.
- Keep current with emerging security alerts and issues.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of security enhancement and development efforts.
- Deploy and maintain workstations, servers, and printers.
- Provide first tier support for Windows and Mac users.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform security improvements, upgrades, and/or purchases.
- Manage all operating systems and end-user software.
- Administer, maintain and manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Maintain a good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Perform and test routine system backups and restores.
- Monitor server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs, and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity. Interpret activity and make recommendations for resolution.
- Recommend, schedule (where appropriate), and apply fixes, security patches, disaster recovery procedures, and any other measures required in the event of a security breach.
- Download and test new security software and/or technologies.
- Provide on-call support to end-users.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 2 years equivalent work experience.
- Working technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including Linux, Windows, Windows Server, and MacOS.
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, concentrating on LAMP.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (preferred).
- Familiarity with PHP and MySQL (preferred).
- Familiarity with WordPress (preferred).
- Strong knowledge of local area network administration.
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Proven experience in installing, upgrading, and maintaining Web servers and associated operating systems.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
- Ability to conduct research into hardware and software issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
- Highly motivated and self-directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- 40-hour on-site work week with on-call availability 7×24.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Sempris offers a great work environment and generous benefits, including:
- Medical and dental insurance
- FSA and employer contribution to HSA
- Life Insurance, AD&D, LTD, & Short-Term Disability
- 401k with match
- Annual bonus plan
- Employee Assistance Program