Associate Software Development Engineer
At Big Bridge, we’re experts in results-driven solutions in the membership space through the creation of value-based, targeted lifestyle programs (Sempris) as well as SaaS-based products within the payments industry (Slyce360).
With more than 25 years in this space, we value and recognize the importance of our people to help us continually innovate as well as confidently lead us into the future. With a new HQ and a new SaaS product, 2022 is going to be our year! So come join a dynamic team within a company poised for growth.
As an energetic entry-level Software Engineer, you will contribute to the development of green-field SaaS products as well as re-imagining and modernization of our core business platform. As a passionate and versatile associate engineer interested in building innovative and evolving products, you will work with senior members of the technology team as well as cross-functional project teams and business and technology stakeholders in a collaborative and open environment driving towards making measurable positive impact for our customers.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles that may interest you.
- Design and develop cutting-edge high-performance web apps and back-end services across all tiers using modern software development platforms, tools, and best practices
- Participate in the planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement activities, guiding and working closely with other team members
- Own and operate the systems that you build based on real-time customer data and demanding service-level agreements
- Debug, diagnose, refactor, enhance, and resolve functional and non-functional issues across front-end, server-side, and databases using profilers and logs
- Collaborate across departments to develop effective solutions that meet end user and client business requirements
- Show willingness and ability to serve as a resource across teams
- Experience developing RESTful services and server-side processes using NodeJS, Java Spring, PHP, or equivalent platform
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL database design and development
- Understanding and experience with software product lifecycle, agile practices, CI/CD pipelines, and support working with onshore or offshore team members is highly preferred
- Attention to details, drive for results, and motivation to get quality work done on-time
- Passion for software engineering and willingness/ability to learn and grow
- Computer Science/IS/IT/Engineering degree or comparable experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination and on-site presence
Sempris offers a great work environment and generous benefits, including:
- Medical and dental insurance
- FSA and employer contribution to HSA Account
- Life Insurance, AD&D, LTD, & Short-Term Disability
- 401k match
- Annual bonus plan
- Employee Assistance Program