At Sempris, we’re experts in results-driven solutions in the membership space through the creation of value-based, targeted lifestyle programs, as well as SaaS-based products within the payments industry.
With more than 25 years in this space, we value and recognize the importance of our people to help us continually innovate as well as confidently lead us into the future. With a new HQ and a new SaaS product, 2022 is going to be our year! So come join a dynamic team within a company poised for growth.
We’re looking to fill an immediate opening for an experienced Dispute Specialist within the Finance Department.
You’ll join a dedicated, inspired, energized team atmosphere in which you’ll develop extensive knowledge of the overall payments landscape and the chargeback dispute process. As a Dispute Specialist, you’ll protect the financial interests of the company by researching, analyzing, and processing disputes and escalated inquiries to recover funds in accordance with all Regulatory Requirements and Association rules.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review and respond to chargeback disputes by utilizing system tools, following best practices and payment type regulations to reach an appropriate resolution
- Ensure all chargebacks in the system are processed within appropriate timeframes to avoid unwarranted losses
- Analyze and reconcile chargeback transactions to determine the validity, appropriate response, and documentation requirements
- Ensure the chargeback responses are successfully delivered to the payment processor
- Reconcile information and documentation to insure validity of disputes
- Responsible for keeping up with industry changes and developments
- Understand each chargeback processor portal and individual account requirements
- Analyze and prepare reports as needed
- Handle multiple tasks and quickly pivot from one task to another, as needed
- Maintains an understanding of business operations
- Knowledge of card association rules and regulations
- Assist on special projects as assigned
- 1 or more years of experience handling chargeback disputes as a merchant or credit card issuer is desired, however, training is available for the right candidate
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to handle multiple cases at once in several case management systems while meeting strict deadlines
- Ability to stay calm and effective under pressure
- Strong analytical and reconciliation skills with attention to detail
- Self-motivated with exceptional time management skills
- Experience in a volume-driven and time-sensitive environment
- Must adapt to changing policies and stay current with card association dispute guidelines to ensure all cases are handled appropriately
- Good verbal/written communication skills
- Collaborative approach to problem solving
- Must be well versed and have a solid knowledge of MS Office applications
- A commitment to personal high standards and the desire and ability to positively contribute to team and company goals
- Consistently demonstrates a positive attitude and willingness to adapt, learn, and grow both professionally and personally
This is an on-site position. Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required.
Sempris offers a great work environment and generous benefits, including:
Medical and dental insurance
HSA and FSA Accounts with employer contribution
Life Insurance, AD&D, LTD, & Short-Term Disability
Annual bonus plan
Employee Assistance Program